Why You Should Attend our Founder's Genetic Counseling and Testing Workshop
by CancerIQ, on Jan 15, 2020 5:21:54 PM
At last year’s Association of Cancer Executives (ACE) conference, one of our clients told such a compelling story about her cancer risk assessment program that session speaker (John Montville) referred to her talk repeatedly during his session. Since then, we have been invited to share best practices and abstracts at multiple events such as:
- National Consortium of Breast Centers (NCBC)
- Association of Community Cancer Centers (ACCC)
- ACE Hot Topic Webinars
- American College of Gastroenterology (ACG)
- Advisory Board
- Institute for HealthCare Improvement (IHI)
Based on the success of last year's presentation, the ACE committee invited us to come back for a longer segment in the best practices workshop.
Why attend this session?
Implementation Experience in Diverse Clinical Settings
Hear from a thought leader in the world of genomics and risk assessment. Feyi's team has demonstrated success implementing genetic counseling and testing in multiple cancer and non-cancer programs including:
- Diverse clinical settings
- Complex implementation models
- HIT Infrastructure
Implementation Experience In a Variety of Cancer Programs
The team has implemented our program with data-driven insights into multiple cancer centers with various backgrounds such as:
- Commission on Cancer Accredited Cancer Centers
- Academic Cancer Centers
- Standalone Cancer Centers
- Cancer Center with affiliated breast centers
In her presentation, Feyi will share success stories where CancerIQ has helped many cancer center executives by:
- Increasing screening rate by establishing efficient process
- Increasing service capacity
- Creating new revenue opportunities
We understand what it takes to implement, improve, and scale genetic risk-assessment in your cancer center - and have the data to back it up!
What’s covered in the workshop?
In this presentation, you will learn the best practices for:
- Starting a program
- Growing volumes in your program
- Increasing service capacity for genetic specialists
- Financial considerations
- Getting buy-in from leadership
We don’t want to totally steal Feyi’s thunder, but you can learn more about our best practices here.
We’d love to hear and address your questions in advance to make the presentation as meaningful and tailored as possible. You can submit questions you have here.
For your reference, here is a list of questions we heard last year that Feyi will address in her session.
- How has direct-to-consumer genetic testing impacted this service?
- How have the 2020 CoC standards impacted the way genetic counseling and testing services are offered?
- Why genetic counseling?
- Why invest in software and support for genetic counseling?
- How do you budget for this service?
- What is the patient experience like? Can they use software?
- How important is it to plan for technology and integration with your EHR?
When: Wednesday, January 22nd, 1:15-2:30 PM
Where: Best Practices Workshop #3